Are you planning to go on vacation or be out of the office for an extended period of time? It can be frustrating for both you and your colleagues if you are unable to respond to emails in a timely manner. Luckily, Gmail allows you to set up an automatic out-of-office or vacation reply to let people know that you are currently unavailable. To set up an automatic out-of-office or vacation reply in Gmail, follow these steps: 1. Click on the settings icon in your Gmail account and select the ‘Advanced’ tab . Scroll down until you see the ‘Templates’ section and click the ‘enable’ button. Click ‘Save Changes’ to activate this feature.
2. Now that templates are enabled, you can create your out-of-office or vacation reply message. Write something like, “Thank you for your email. I am currently out of the office and will not be able to respond until [date]. If you require immediate assistance, please contact [colleague’s name] at [colleague’s email address].” Once you have written your message, click on the ‘Templates’ button and select ‘Save draft as template’ .
3. Give your template a name, such as ‘Out-of-office reply’, and click ‘Save as new template’ .
4. After you have entered the search criteria, click on the ‘Create filter’ button.
5. In the next screen, select the ‘Send template’ option and choose your out-of-office reply template from the dropdown menu. Finally, click on the ‘Create filter’ button to save your filter and enable the automatic out-of-office reply..
6. In the settings menu, click on ‘Filters and blocked addresses’ . By following these steps, you can easily set up an automatic out-of-office or vacation reply in Gmail. This will help you to stay organized and ensure that your colleagues and clients are aware of your availability while you are away.
Demo Video (How to set up and use email templates in Gmail?)
Other Tips You May be Interested:
Send emails from a different address
You could send out emails using a different ‘From’ address, the one other than your current Gmail account.