For those emails from somebody, you may want to star them automatically.
Filtering emails in Gmail is a useful feature that allows you to automatically categorize, label, and perform actions on specific types of emails. This can save you time and help you stay organized by automatically routing emails that meet certain criteria to designated folders or labels. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to filter emails in Gmail:
1. Search target emails that you want to act on: The first step in filtering emails is to identify the emails that you want to act on. You can do this by using the search function in Gmail. Simply type in keywords or phrases that are relevant to the emails you want to filter and hit enter. This will bring up a list of all the emails that match your search criteria.
2. Click create filter: Once you have identified the emails that you want to filter, click the “create filter” button, which is located in the top right corner of the search results page.
3. Select an action: The next step is to select an action that you want to perform on the emails that match your search criteria. Options include labeling the emails, applying a specific folder or label to them, marking them as read or unread, and more. Simply select the action that you want to take from the dropdown menu.
4. Click ‘Create Filter’: After selecting an action, click the “create filter” button to save your filter.
5. All newly arrived emails that match the search criteria will be automatically acted upon: From now on, any emails that arrive in your inbox and match the search criteria you specified will be automatically acted upon according to the action you selected. For example, if you selected the “label” action and applied a specific label to the emails, any new emails that match your search criteria will automatically be labeled with that label.
Filtering emails in Gmail can be a useful tool for organizing and prioritizing your emails. By setting up filters, you can automatically route specific types of emails to designated folders or labels, allowing you to quickly and easily find and access the emails that are most important to you.
Demo Video (How to filter emails in Gmail?)
Other Tips You May be Interested:
How to create email templates in Gmail?
The responses for some questions are exactly the same, every single time.